Learn to Teach Yoga Nidra:
This teacher training immersion will give you the confidence to lead Yoga Nidra in class settings and private sessions. This is an excellent course for those looking to deepen their yoga teaching skills, communication skills as well as enhancing the quality of relaxation for yourself and others.
We will explore Yoga Nidra’s benefits, structure, history and teaching methodology. We will learn about yoga nidra for self-study (svadhyaya) and meditation (dhyana), for deep relaxation, healing and habit removal, as well as spiritual and personal growth.
This training is appropriate for yoga teachers, body and energy workers, and anybody wanting to deeply relax or heal from trauma and help others to do the same.
We will cover:
● The history and development of Yoga Nidra
● Yoga Nidra research, benefits and limitations
● Yoga philosophy and Yoga Nidra
● Yoga Nidra and the relaxation response: types of tension
● Mind training for receptivity, creativity, and changing of habits
● Pratyahara (sense withdrawal), Dharana (concentration), Dhyana (meditation) and Yoga Nidra
● The Koshas and how they relate to Yoga Nidra
● Restorative yoga postures for yoga nidra
● The structure of Yoga Nidra
● Settling the physical body: including postures and props
● Sankalpa: how to offer meaningful intentions
● Rotations of consciousness: effects and methods
● Breath awareness and pranayama techniques
● Rotation os sensations
● Visualizations: how to script, what to expect, cautions
● Coming out of Yoga Nidra calmly: how to return to normal consciousness
● How to make your own yoga nidra scripts appropriate for your student/client
● Using Imagery
Sample practices and support for:
● Voice, tone and pacing: using your voice to carry the student into the state of Yoga Nidra
● Helping yourself and others to improve their Yoga Nidra experience.
● Negative Reactions - why they may happen and how to handle them
You will receive a comprehensive manual and a certificate upon completion.
This course is worth 21 Continuing Education Units with the Yoga Alliance
Tuesday, June 5, 11-2 and 4-6pm
Wednesday, June 6, 11-2 and 4-6pm
Thursday, June 7, 11-2 and 4-7pm
Friday, June 8, 11-2 and 4-6pm
You will also receive a free pass to davannayoga’s Vinyasa classes that are at 7:30-8:30am and 9am-10:30am daily. These are optional classes for you.
Early Bird Registration for this course only (save 51$ if you register before April 30): $499 (plus paypal fees)
Regular Registration for this course only (after April 30): $549 usd (plus paypal fees)
Book in combination with Pranayama Training - (Early Bird - save $148 on the two courses together if you register before April 30) - $950 (plus paypal fees)
Reserve with Pranayama Course (Regular -Register After April 30) (still save $99 by reserving the two courses together- ) $999 (plus paypal fees)
This course lead by Anna Laurita